GUARDIAN HOME OPPORTUNITY
Golden Retrievers, Goldendoodles & Poodles are social animals and thrive in a socially rich family atmosphere.
We believe that all our dogs/pups should live a life as someone’s beloved furry family member. Our Breeding dogs live in our home as our family pets and in the homes of local Guardian Families. This partnership with our Guardian Families allows us to insure first and foremost that every dog/pup is healthy and happy with their very own families. And DM Hilltop pups are able to have a Breeding Program in a home environment without utilizing a less than family oriented environment for our dogs such as a kennel environment. We just need to make all expectations completely clear for you and ourselves. So if the remainder of this page sounds "formal", its because we want you to feel completely informed. That way insuring you are making the right decision for you and your family.
Our Guardian Families get the very best that we have to
offer in the Goldendoodle, Golden Retriever and Poodle “Breed.” This means that we choose our breeding dogs based on the very best qualities that are outlined in our breed standards; temperament, physical conformation, genetics, coloring, etc. Another major benefit our Guardian Families receive is a completely health tested family pet at our expense. Our Guardian Families get to enjoy the excitement of being a part of our breeding program and seeing little DM Hilltop pups being placed with families across the country bringing others the same joy and happiness that they have received from their Guardian pups.
To be considered as a Guardian Home, we require that you live within a 50-mile commute of our home in Lowville, NY. It is necessary that you have physical or approved invisible fencing to provide a safe and secure environment for the Guardian dog/pup, own your own home, and have a schedule that will allow for your dog to NOT be left alone for extended periods of time. All dogs/pups placed with Guardian Families MUST live indoors, and never be left outside unattended. Guardian Families must have reliable transportation, and a willingness to bring the dog to us when needed throughout the year.
* Guardian must live within a 50 mile commute of breeder's home in Lowville, NY. (**Exceptions may be made if guardian is willing to drive to us regularly!)
* Legal ownership of the dog (microchip #_____________) remains with the breeder until the dog has produced appropriate number of litters (less for females, more for males) at which time the dog will be spayed or neutered at the expense of the breeder. Full ownership of the dog will then be transferred to the guardian.
* Guardian has no right to puppies produced by this dog or to semen produced by the dog.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BEING A GUARDIAN HOME?
Being a guardian home for our breeding puppies has many perks, as well as responsibilities. We strive for a mutually beneficial relationship between ourselves and our guardian homes. Firstly, the rate you will pay for your puppy is steeply discounted. We only require you to pay $500 for pup/dog. You will recieve one of the best puppies we can produce or a 'pick of the litter' puppy from another breeder from which we purchase the puppy. We look for quality structures, coats, and personalities in all the dogs we buy to become one of our breeding dogs. Also, we do provide lifetime support for each of these puppies as we want them to be the best they can be. Also, since we do require you to live within 50 miles of our home in Liwville, NY, we extend an the offer for the dog to stay at our home when the family goes out of town and needs to have the dog boarded. This helps us, the guardian dog, and our dogs, to be familiar with one another when it comes time to breed or whelp a litter. Also, when the dog has whelped or fathered an appropriate number of litters, they will be spayed or neutered at no cost to you. Additionally, for those who house female dogs, they will be compensated $800 for each litter the dog has of 5 or more pups or $400 for each litter the dog has 4 or less pups as a "thank you" for your patience while your beloved pet is away.
WHAT WOULD BE REQUIRED OF YOU AS A GUARDIAN HOME?
Though many of the requirements we have for guardian home candidates are similar to that of regular purchasers, there are a few additions and added responsibilities. Please review the requirements below.
- Provide the dog with a safe and loving home, including but not limited to:
- Containing the dog in a fenced-in yard or on a leash
- Provide adequate exercise for the dog to prevent issues such as hip displaysia
- Train the dog on basic commands (sit, stay, wait, etc.) or attend obedience classes
- Feeding the dog a brand of dog food approved by us
- Do not allow him/her to become overweight
- Keep dog socialized with dogs and people of different ages and sizes
- Keep the dog clean and well-groomed
- Provide the dog with basic veterinary care, including but not limited to:
- Yearly wellness visits and vaccines
- Any medical issues the dog may have which are NOT related to breeding
- Emergency vet costs (NOT related to breeding)
- Keeping dog on monthly, year-round preventative medications against heartworms, fleas and ticks.
- Notify breeder immediately when the female dog has come into her estrus cycle and be prepared to meet breeder upon request when dog is needed for breeding purposes.
- For female breeding dogs, keep all unapproved intact male dogs away from her when she is in season. For males, keep females who are in season away to prevent accidental breedings.
- If guardian family goes on vacation or out of town for any reason and dog is not sent to breeder's home for duration of the vacation, contact information for kennel and/or petsitter should be given to breeder before guardian family departs.
- If dog does not pass certain health tests and is deemed by breeder to be unfit to reproduce, the dog will then be spayed or neutered at the expense of the breeder. Guardian will not be required to pay any fee for the dog in this event.
- Guardian agrees to maintain this contract even if they relocate out of the area, including flying the dog back to the breeder at the expense of the guardian.
- Guardian agrees to keep in close contact with breeder, regularly sending photos of dog and gives clearance to breeder to use any photos sent for marketing purposes (social media, website, etc.)
- Deliver dog to vet appointments for breeding purposes at times breeder is out of town. Will be set up at least 48 hours in advance.
- Should the dog die early of natural causes, this contract shall terminate. If the dog dies while in possession of the breeder, dog shall be replaced with a puppy from DM Hilltops next available litter.
- If at any time the breeder finds the guardian to be non-compliant, the dog shall return to breeder immediately.
- If the dog is altered OR bred purposefully without written consent of the breeder, guardian will owe breeder a sum of $30,000. Any legal costs involved with obtaining this payment will also be paid by guardian.
- Allow dog to make regular visits to breeder's home and/or visit with other members of DM Hilltop family.
WHAT WOULD BE REQUIRED OF US, THE BREEDER?
- Provide guardian with a healthy puppy.
- Pay any veterinary costs associated with breeding, including but not limited to:
- Progesterone testing
- Necessary health testing
- Spay or neuter the dog when they are deemed no longer needed for breeding, be it because of age or health standards required for breeding.
- Provide lifetime support for the dog.
- Try to board dog at our home when guardian family is out of town.
- Assist guardian with detecting and caring for a female dog in estrus cycle or pregnant.
- Pay for the spay or neuter of the dog when it is no longer needed for reproductive purposes.
- If guardian dog is a dog bred by DM Hilltop and it is determined that it shall be spayed or neutered before being bred, breeder will comply with health contract given with each of our puppies.
DM Hilltop will provide free grooming to each Guardian dog/pup every 8 weeks by appointment only.
DO YOU MEET ALL OF THESE REQUIREMENTS? IF SO, THEN WE WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO APPLY TO BE ONE OF OUR GUARDIAN HOMES!
* Please contact us for a Guardian Home application *